Re: font

Search this archive.

From: SysAdmin - ark.dyn.ml.org (root@ark.dyn.ml.org)
Date: Sun 29 Mar 1998 - 22:15:21 IDT

> Ususally its the generic vga driver that does this.
>
> In all the times I was writing drivers I had problems with that,
> but it always turned out to be problems with the
> saving and restoring of the extended registers, nothing
> to do directly with the font saving/restoring.

Hmm... well, the vesa driver uses dynamically loaded i/o listings, and not
a specific register list - i did include 60 dummy registers for
compatiblity reasons, maybe that is the problem? the vga driver underneath
the vesa driver could be setting bad values and messing with the font?

i dont even know if the font is bitmapped into memory, or set with i/o
calls...

> That's really great. Is it to much to ask for a pre-release
> of this code?

its almost done, as soon as i fix this font problem, im sending 1.2.15 to
Mike to look at, then he will u/l it to sunsite, and i can send it to you
then, considering sunsite will probably take 3-4 months to move svgalib to
a readable dir.